Room spell Bug

Started by y2duhh, Oct 21, 2014, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpin Jack Flash

Quote from: Crabster on Oct 22, 2014, 11:48 PM
....the ep update i wonder if u wanted it to work that way and u knew it worked that way and noone else did and u were gonna exploit the ways u wanted it to work...

Come on Crabby, this is just pathetic!  The EP bug, as everyone is calling it, does nothing that doesn't already happen in the game.  The added benefit of the set mineps command aids those players who choose to quest neutral or evil, and don't want to constantly engage in PVP or beat on towns-folk to maintain their alignment.  Is it perfect? No, but neither is any other update when it's first installed.  And everyone else who comments on this thread, stop comparing to Majormud.  Majormud has been a stagnant game for the last 15 years.  At least DC and a few others are trying to keep GMud alive and well, at least we're getting new content from time to time.  I appreciate the efforts of those who are trying to keep it continually evolving, even the efforts of Gardner to keep the duping and cheating to a minimum. 

We've heard your thoughts, Linda.  I would really like to hear what Candice has to say about cheating in the realm. 

Greater

Quote from: y2duhh on Oct 22, 2014, 11:26 PM
agreed if this is working a designed can you please explain why a very powerful class has the abilty to take out a full party without taking an eps? if this is the case then retaliation should be initiated on both sides even if no eps are given.

I believe Vitoc ultimately decided that it should be up to the player to avoid the spell, and not up to the game to save them.

y2duhh

Quote from: Coarse Horse on Oct 23, 2014, 06:42 AM
I believe Vitoc ultimately decided that it should be up to the player to avoid the spell, and not up to the game to save them.

If this is the reason behind I would love to heat Vitoc explain why a class should get free kills without taking eps, it sounds very silly.  IMO This game should be built around megamud and with stock messaging in megamud when you set hang to pvp then there should absolutely no way in the game that you fool megamud into dying.  Vitoc could just as easily add a message that if you alk into the room you get a moves to attack you message or so many other reasons besides avoid and let 1 class in the game get free kills for no eps.  odds we get any response from vitoc on this?

Jumpin Jack Flash

Quote from: y2duhh on Oct 23, 2014, 08:58 AM
I would love to heat Vitoc explain why a class should get free kills without taking eps. 

That's just how I roll.  You should consider yourself lucky that you were able to bear witness to my greatness!

ChipOffTheOlChuck

Quote from: y2duhh on Oct 23, 2014, 08:58 AM
IMO This game should be built around megamud

Um can we say "NOT spoken like a true old schooler" ?
                          -----

(abe simpson voice) listen sonny when i was your age we didnt have scripts... etc.
whaaaat's this crap coming out of my ears??  oh its steam, cuz im so pissed off crazy when you say pussy stuff like that
10/23/2014 4:28 PM Wyman gossips: I have beautiful wife, I make a ton of money, and I get to spend half my day playing mud
10/23/2014 4:29 PM Wyman gossips: can you please point out ewhere things are bad?

y2duhh

Quote from: ChipOffTheOlChuck on Oct 23, 2014, 05:00 PM
Um can we say "NOT spoken like a true old schooler" ?
                          -----

(abe simpson voice) listen sonny when i was your age we didnt have scripts... etc.
whaaaat's this crap coming out of my ears??  oh its steam, cuz im so pissed off crazy when you say pussy stuff like that

The point of the Greatermud Project is to keep a dying game alive.  I realize you're an idiot and a troll but the truth is as we all get older the realm gets smaller because more and more people quit because mud is a very time consuming unforgiving game.  As time goes on it needs to be catered more to the casual player and less to the psycho path hardcore weirdos who still want to go balls to the wall in a 30 year old game. Sorry to break it to you but if you want this game to be around for 10 more years and not lose 50% - 75% of whats left of the userbase then you need to change your tune.

Klaber

Quote from: y2duhh on Oct 23, 2014, 07:02 PM
The point of the Greatermud Project is to keep a dying game alive.

You're doing a fantastic job of convincing some people that this dying game is filled with whiney, 24/7 offensive, fascist typers. I started out on this topic objectively, and since all the logic has been sucked out of it, all I can see is YOU whining and trying to create points of contention out of thin air. I'm not going to respond to the drivel you dream up when replying to me, but just let it be known, you need to get your head out of your ass, especially if you're honest in trying to be taken seriously.

Greater

Quote from: Klaber on Oct 24, 2014, 02:32 AM
You're doing a fantastic job of convincing some people that this dying game is filled with whiney, 24/7 offensive, fascist typers. I started out on this topic objectively, and since all the logic has been sucked out of it, all I can see is YOU whining and trying to create points of contention out of thin air. I'm not going to respond to the drivel you dream up when replying to me, but just let it be known, you need to get your head out of your ass, especially if you're honest in trying to be taken seriously.

At least you see it for what it is. Gardner actually buys into this guy's BS.

y2duhh

Quote from: Klaber on Oct 24, 2014, 02:32 AM
You're doing a fantastic job of convincing some people that this dying game is filled with whiney, 24/7 offensive, fascist typers.

have you not played on PVP it absolutely is 24/7. I'm not pulling anything out of thin air its all there.

Thergin

You think doing PVP damage without gaining any evil points is fair? Bypassing the complete evil point system?

Just stupid, and its these stupid decisions that will kill Greatermud, only a few people in the whole world play this, but the players are constantly disrespected.

If you use a room spell and do damage to a player you should get evil points it is that simple.

If you want to allow roomers to script then implement a set warn on do no damage to a target if it gains ep but still cast the spell.

Greater

Quote from: Thergin on Oct 27, 2014, 06:02 AM
You think doing PVP damage without gaining any evil points is fair? Bypassing the complete evil point system?

Just stupid, and its these stupid decisions that will kill Greatermud, only a few people in the whole world play this, but the players are constantly disrespected.

If you use a room spell and do damage to a player you should get evil points it is that simple.

If you want to allow roomers to script then implement a set warn on do no damage to a target if it gains ep but still cast the spell.

I'm curious who the "you" that you are speaking to is.

Do you really think this was anyone's choice but Vitoc's? Do you think he'll respond positively to being insulted or simply walk away and find something better to do?

Everyone likes to pretend that DeathCow is the final word on all Gmud mechanics, but in my experience it simply isn't the case.