Room spell Bug

Started by y2duhh, Oct 21, 2014, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

y2duhh

How does 3 of my part get taken out and ths guy is still saint?

You notice 5646 gold crowns, 6 jewel-encrusted warhammers here.
Also here: DeathCow, Bane, Rodent, Jones, Richards, ivory golem, ivory golem,
ivory golem.
Obvious exits: south, southwest
Richards moves to attack ivory golem.
[HP=621/MA=225]:hold Bane
To do this action, you must turn off your evil warnings.
Bane sketches a mystical symbol in the air.
A storm of freezing hail smashes you for 394 damage!
Icy hail pelts you, freezing your bones!
You are freezing!
Richards clobbers ivory golem for 14 damage!
Fire burns ivory golem for 9 damage!
Richards critically slams ivory golem for 127 damage!
Rocks shred ivory golem for 10 damage!
Richards swings at at ivory golem!
Richards slams ivory golem for 29 damage!
Acid sears ivory golem for 12 damage!
Richards slams ivory golem for 30 damage!
Acid sears ivory golem for 15 damage!
The ivory golem throws a punch at Richards, but misses!
The ivory golem hits Richards, but the swing glances off!
The ivory golem hits Richards, but the swing glances off!
[HP=221/MA=225]:att Bane
Richards says "@heal"
[HP=215/MA=225]:att Bane
Richards casts greater healing on Richards!
[HP=209/MA=225]:att Bane
Bane sketches a mystical symbol in the air.
A storm of freezing hail smashes you for 246 damage!
You drop to the ground!
[HPs critically low! (07:47 pm)]
[Session ended (07:47 pm)]
You have been killed!

Saint Bane                        -  Archmage of Blood Brothers

Teferi

I smell a banhammer.

Bane is a dupe too, right?

Klaber

looks like you guys walked in there after they were both already in the room and engaged. would kinda be crap if you can just walk in and cancel someone's room spell

also by the looks of the way you had mega set up, you had him on enemy. if you did not want to die AFK with crappy megamud settings, you could have tried 'Avoid'. If you still died afk with avoid on, then you should reconsider about when you're going to hang up. it's a pvp realm, not a 'protect afk scripters' realm

y2duhh

No he actually came out to white forest specifically to do this, this was part of the plan.  I don't see how on a pvp board there is way to kill people without taking eps and its considered legit. That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Klaber

I don't understand your reasoning. You're saying that because his intention was to kill you, so it was a bug? You're implying that if it wasn't his intention, then it wasn't a bug. Either way, let's say Bane was at 1 hp, and his last ditch effort was to room all the mobs. If you walked in on that and his room spell was canceled, then the mobs killed him, that would be bug abuse by you, right? Or since your intention wasn't to get Bane killed, it wasn't a bug. I think that thinking is a double standard

bad spelling edit

Gardner Denver

Coming out to kill someone fairly is one thing. 
BUG: Player Bane Exploiting An EP Bug Detected At 10/21/2014 9:31:29 PM.
**** Old Alignment: -49 New Alignment -201.
is something different.  This is either a major bug in the EP system or it was done by an OP.

Klaber

The distinction between bug and exploit is a fine line, but I'm glad they are both brought up. I see a couple of solutions, but none of them should prevent the person rooming just because someone walked in the room. The act of continuing to room after Wyman walks into the room may be a bug, but it's not an exploit, with the buggy part being about the EPs, and not the engagement. Whatever solution you decide, it should not be that someone rooming can have their engagement broken by doing non-combative actions (walking into the room), since that would conclude the same relative impact but on the opposite side of the coin.

It's impossible to fault Bane here especially since Wyman's mega was set to attack (and therefore did not hangup upon being pvp'd). Again, this is a PVP realm and not a 'protect the script' realm. The only thing that should change is POSSIBLY the EP's, or the way people are notified about the rooming in order to keep a logical interaction between all parties. added last thought

Jumpin Jack Flash

Quote from: Teferi on Oct 21, 2014, 10:10 PM
I smell a banhammer.

Bane is a dupe too, right?

Very good deductive reasoning you've used to come to this conclusion, but no, Bane is not a dupe.  Sorry!

Quote from: y2duhh on Oct 21, 2014, 10:50 PM
No he actually came out to white forest specifically to do this, this was part of the plan.  I don't see how on a pvp board there is way to kill people without taking eps and its considered legit. That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Yes, I did come to white forest with the specific intent to kill, and I did take evil points in the process.  There was no bug exploited, and this has been discussed in numerous posts prior to this incident.  I disagree, partly, with the alignment system and the way it's set up right now, but the associated problems have been identified, and determined to be legitimate.  Players who take advantage of a "legitimate" flaw, should not be banned for exploiting a bug.  But, I understand your pain and anguish, having just had your entire party wiped out by a single mage.  I'll be seeing you soon....or maybe not, depending on how you choose to leave Arlysia.  ;D

Stalkerr

Quote from: Gardner Denver on Oct 22, 2014, 01:15 AM
Coming out to kill someone fairly is one thing. 
BUG: Player Bane Exploiting An EP Bug Detected At 10/21/2014 9:31:29 PM.
**** Old Alignment: -49 New Alignment -201.
is something different.  This is either a major bug in the EP system or it was done by an OP.
This is something different and was out of anyone's hands.  I'm aware of how this functions mechanically from a code perspective but haven't had a chance to address it.  Ultimately, it has little to no effect on the above scenario but I can think of numerous other situations it has had impact on.  There maybe some aspects of this bug that are desirable but that depends on if a ep ricks can be moved switched so they aren't running on a non-multimedia timer.

Greater

Quote from: Jumpin Jack Flash on Oct 22, 2014, 05:55 AM
I'll be seeing you soon....or maybe not, depending on how you choose to leave Arlysia.  ;D

Wyman gossips: I might just sit in this tomb for the rest of this push seeing is how it looks outside

Klaber

looks like your sig needs to get bigger Coarse

Jumpin Jack Flash

I think the room spell mechanics are set the way they should be, ie., if I engage a room, and someone walks in, they get hit without me taking EP's.  That's how it should be!  Your fault for walking into my spell.  Be more cognizant of your surroundings.  That being said, your gang getting wiped out in White Forest was only the beginning of your problems.  I think you see that now.

On the EP/Saint issue, my intent was to take EP's when I engaged you so I could then use my 5th quest neutral spells, but it didn't work out that way.  You entered before I was prepared, so to speak.  Anyways, I accept my ban for what it is, and will be back shortly.  More fun times ahead!

HP=XXXX/MA=XXX]:bliz
*Combat Engaged*

Wyman walks into the room from the southwest.
Jones walks into the room from the southwest.
Richards walks into the room from the southwest.
Watts just disconnected!!!
You sketch a mystical symbol in the air.
A storm of freezing hail smashes your foes for 484 damage!
Icy hail pelts the room, freezing your foe's bones!

Wyman is dead.
Bane just spanked Wyman!

Jones drops to the ground!
Jones is dead.
Bane just clobbered Jones!

Richards drops to the ground!
Richards is dead.
Bane just smurfed up Richards!

Wyman is dead.
Jones is dead.
Richards is dead.

.....and good times were had by all!

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Stalkerr on Oct 22, 2014, 06:20 AM
This is something different and was out of anyone's hands.  I'm aware of how this functions mechanically from a code perspective but haven't had a chance to address it.  Ultimately, it has little to no effect on the above scenario but I can think of numerous other situations it has had impact on.  There maybe some aspects of this bug that are desirable but that depends on if a ep ricks can be moved switched so they aren't running on a non-multimedia timer.

This bug was used specifically to get to the White Forest and kill people.  ANY bug that allows you to go instantly from Neutral to Saint that is used will result in a 48 hour suspension.  Period.  It's cheating, period, and won't be tolerated.

Stalkerr

Quote from: Gardner Denver on Oct 22, 2014, 12:21 PM
This bug was used specifically to get to the White Forest and kill people.  ANY bug that allows you to go instantly from Neutral to Saint that is used will result in a 48 hour suspension.  Period.  It's cheating, period, and won't be tolerated.
He needed to lose 1 ep to go good, which is of course all that is required to enter the forest.  Him being anywhere in the range of -50 to -201 is largely irrelevant.  Had the system been working properly, he'd have simply gone good instead of saint.  So the bug actually had no effect on how the situation played out.  For the most part, the activation of this bug is out of the players control.  I suppose I could make some post explaining the mechanics and actions the players could take to ensure that they don't accidentally trigger it but its not really on the players to fix this issue.

Crabster

48 hrs? seriously? this has DC cheatin bs written all over it....seriously ppls? push after push