set mineps

Started by Thergin, Sep 17, 2014, 06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thergin

I noticed that when I set min eps to -49, and then changed it I got all the accumulated eps at the ep tick.

So instead of going from neutral to good, I went to saint.

I am sure this is not intended to save up good points, but its minor.

Jumpin Jack Flash

Quote from: Thergin on Sep 17, 2014, 06:46 AM
I noticed that when I set min eps to -49, and then changed it I got all the accumulated eps at the ep tick.

So instead of going from neutral to good, I went to saint.

I am sure this is not intended to save up good points, but its minor.

This brings the question that if those EP's are still being tracked by the database, do they come into play when you engage in PVP?  For example, if I have my EPs set to -49 to remain on the cusp of neutral, and attack a Saint, do my EPs begin to subtract from -49, or do they subtract from the stored EP's in the database?  This might explain how Linda was able to get back to good so quickly.

Crabster

Quote from: Jumpin Jack Flash on Sep 17, 2014, 07:13 AM
This brings the question that if those EP's are still being tracked by the database, do they come into play when you engage in PVP?  For example, if I have my EPs set to -49 to remain on the cusp of neutral, and attack a Saint, do my EPs begin to subtract from -49, or do they subtract from the stored EP's in the database?  This might explain how Linda was able to get back to good so quickly.

fyi ive never used that set min ep feature....only reason i saw this post today is cuz i was lookin for exactly what ya type to set it and did a search on set min ep and found this post....i think u and ur buddy dc and them knew all along about some features with the command....i was workin on a ep bug recently and what i kinda gathered was even if uve never used the new command if u ever went saint for a period of time that ud go well beyond -201, but i was at -201 several times and took full eps attacking but it would jump back up whenever it wanted (which makes no sense)..i also found a few other querks....also queef was a saint and attacked two saints and stayed saint....not sure if he ever used the set min ep command....i think it should be removed....especially seein how dc was the mastermind and it appears to be a cheat feature and he is a known cheat....

ok now im done with that, what is the actual command?? ive tried set min ep 50 etc etc in various ways...

Stalkerr

Quote from: Crabster on Nov 28, 2014, 05:57 PM
fyi ive never used that set min ep feature....only reason i saw this post today is cuz i was lookin for exactly what ya type to set it and did a search on set min ep and found this post....i think u and ur buddy dc and them knew all along about some features with the command....i was workin on a ep bug recently and what i kinda gathered was even if uve never used the new command if u ever went saint for a period of time that ud go well beyond -201, but i was at -201 several times and took full eps attacking but it would jump back up whenever it wanted (which makes no sense)..i also found a few other querks....also queef was a saint and attacked two saints and stayed saint....not sure if he ever used the set min ep command....i think it should be removed....especially seein how dc was the mastermind and it appears to be a cheat feature and he is a known cheat....

ok now im done with that, what is the actual command?? ive tried set min ep 50 etc etc in various ways...
It will not be removed.  If you are unhappy with the work Vitoc and I do on greatermud, you are free to find another bbs to play on though.   http://www.mudinfo.net/viewforum.php?f=7

Crabster

ok...so out of all of this:

you came up with this:

Quote from: Stalkerr on Nov 28, 2014, 10:33 PM
It will not be removed.  If you are unhappy with the work Vitoc and I do on greatermud, you are free to find another bbs to play on though.   http://www.mudinfo.net/viewforum.php?f=7

only addressing this part:

i think it should be removed....especially seein how dc was the mastermind and it appears to be a cheat feature and he is a known cheat....

first part is my opinion, the rest is fact...

so have u done any testing on it? can u duplicate anything i mentioned im seeing?  any idea why gard keeps seeing consistent jumps from approx. -50 to -110 in one jump? whats significant about those numbers i wonder? this is a test realm and ive tried to do some testing but it seems ur of little to no help with ur...just move on down the road replies.....ur such a snobby lil cheat u wouldnt even tell me the command for ur feature that u implemented....and if u reply i already have a reply to ur reply

Thesifer

Quote from: Crabster on Nov 30, 2014, 07:37 AM
ur such a snobby lil cheat u wouldnt even tell me the command for ur feature that u implemented....and if u reply i already have a reply to ur reply

Is it really that difficult to figure out what the command is? I know it's not in MegaMud, but really, it's not difficult or secret.

The title of the original post makes this even more lol.

Stalkerr

Quote from: Crabster on Nov 30, 2014, 07:37 AM
so have u done any testing on it? can u duplicate anything i mentioned im seeing?  any idea why gard keeps seeing consistent jumps from approx. -50 to -110 in one jump? whats significant about those numbers i wonder? this is a test realm and ive tried to do some testing but it seems ur of little to no help with ur...just move on down the road replies.....ur such a snobby lil cheat u wouldnt even tell me the command for ur feature that u implemented....and if u reply i already have a reply to ur reply

Yes I've tested it.
I cannot duplicate the things you mentioned because the things you mentioned never happened.
Eps don't jump up whenever they want to.
Queef did not attack two saints without losing eps.
Gard does not consistently see jumps from -50 to -110. 
I have no desire to help you do any testing.

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Stalkerr on Nov 30, 2014, 10:23 AM
Gard does not consistently see jumps from -50 to -110. 

Actually I see a lot of jumps in both directions to -110 - 112.  There seems to be something magical about that number.  On average I see 1 to 2 per day.

Stalkerr

Quote from: Gardner Denver on Nov 30, 2014, 11:18 AM
Actually I see a lot of jumps in both directions to -110 - 112.  There seems to be something magical about that number.  On average I see 1 to 2 per day.

Its -201 + 90.

Thats a saint attacking a saint, it makes perfect sense.

-110 + 60 = -50

thats a good attacking a saint.

You do not consistently see people consistently jumping from -50 to -110.  Maybe one particular person, but certainly not plural people.

Crabster

Quote from: Lanzino on Nov 30, 2014, 10:06 AM
Is it really that difficult to figure out what the command is? I know it's not in MegaMud, but really, it's not difficult or secret.

The title of the original post makes this even more lol.

set mineps? that makes no sense...how bout setmineps? that makes about as much sense eh? set min eps or set min ep makes a lot more sense than anything else happenin....

a saint attacking two saints and still being a saint?? thats what happened with queef.... -201 and attacking two saints and still -201 on the board?
makes no sense dc....

a -201 attacks sheriff and goes to -50 (which is what happens)....can attack later (1 hr later or so) and go to -110....makes no sense...i think it depends on how long they were saint to begin with....i don't have a way to test...u do tho dc...test er up and see

i capped a few other instances also...

dc r u interested in helping figure out the problem or r u interested in continuing to be the problem??

i.e. It will not be removed.  If you are unhappy with the work Vitoc and I do on greatermud, you are free to find another bbs to play on though.   http://www.mudinfo.net/viewforum.php?f=7

im sure u know the solution as u r the one that implemented the problem....

there is more to this story

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Stalkerr on Nov 30, 2014, 11:36 AM
Its -201 + 90.

Thats a saint attacking a saint, it makes perfect sense.

-110 + 60 = -50

thats a good attacking a saint.

You do not consistently see people consistently jumping from -50 to -110.  Maybe one particular person, but certainly not plural people.

Player Mal Addiction Earned 90 EPS Detected At 11/27/2014 9:56:20 AM.
**** Old Alignment: -201 New Alignment -111.
BUG: Player Mal Addiction Exploiting An EP Bug Detected At 11/27/2014 10:11:27 AM.
**** Old Alignment: -111 New Alignment -201.

Player Irillyth Twilight Earned 90 EPS Detected At 11/27/2014 5:54:29 AM.
BUG: Player Irillyth Twilight Exploiting An EP Bug Detected At 11/27/2014 6:09:35 AM.
**** Old Alignment: -111 New Alignment -196.47.

Player Irillyth Twilight Earned 90 EPS Detected At 11/28/2014 7:44:09 PM.
BUG: Player Irillyth Twilight Exploiting An EP Bug Detected At 11/28/2014 8:29:29 PM.
**** Old Alignment: -111 New Alignment -134.065.

Player Hermafro Dyke Earned 90 EPS Detected At 11/22/2014 2:47:02 AM.
BUG: Player Hermafro Dyke Exploiting An EP Bug Detected At 11/22/2014 3:17:16 AM.

Player Richards Earned 30 EPS Detected At 11/22/2014 12:46:05 AM.
**** Old Alignment: -201 New Alignment -171.
BUG: Player Richards Exploiting An EP Bug Detected At 11/22/2014 1:16:20 AM.
**** Old Alignment: -171 New Alignment -201.

I can continue to provide examples but I trust this is enough to show that there is an issue here and every example but one involves -111 eps

Stalkerr

Quote from: Gardner Denver on Nov 30, 2014, 11:32 PM
Player Mal Addiction Earned 90 EPS Detected At 11/27/2014 9:56:20 AM.
BUG: Player Mal Addiction Exploiting An EP Bug Detected At 11/27/2014 10:11:27 AM.

Player Irillyth Twilight Earned 90 EPS Detected At 11/27/2014 5:54:29 AM.
BUG: Player Irillyth Twilight Exploiting An EP Bug Detected At 11/27/2014 6:09:35 AM.
**** Old Alignment: -111 New Alignment -196.47.

Player Irillyth Twilight Earned 90 EPS Detected At 11/28/2014 7:44:09 PM.
BUG: Player Irillyth Twilight Exploiting An EP Bug Detected At 11/28/2014 8:29:29 PM.
**** Old Alignment: -111 New Alignment -134.065.

Player Hermafro Dyke Earned 90 EPS Detected At 11/22/2014 2:47:02 AM.
BUG: Player Hermafro Dyke Exploiting An EP Bug Detected At 11/22/2014 3:17:16 AM.

Player Richards Earned 30 EPS Detected At 11/22/2014 12:46:05 AM.
**** Old Alignment: -201 New Alignment -171.
BUG: Player Richards Exploiting An EP Bug Detected At 11/22/2014 1:16:20 AM.
**** Old Alignment: -171 New Alignment -201.

I can continue to provide examples but I trust this is enough to show that there is an issue here and every example but one involves -111 eps

The number -111 is not magical however, or even important.  There is no confusion as to how this bug works mechanically.  The first time I saw it I worked out how it a several other ep bugs functioned.  If I had been able to schedule time with Vitoc then it would already have been fixed.

It turns out that this bug actually addresses some complaints that people have had about the ep system, especially when approaching the max eps threshold.  How this bug is currently setup has as many undesirable effects as desirable most notably at an extreme where you could potentially go from max fiend to saint in a single tick.  So, when we do work on this the results will probably be a managed version of what we are currently seeing rather than simply removing the jumps.

Zetetic

I do hope that you don't intend to increase peoples ability to hide under the Good/Saint evil point gain, which is already bad because of the increased evil point cost of attacking a Saint.

If you are, then we really need to see the evil scale be increased so that we can go to -500 or something similar, being evil is already punished enough (sheriff, town guards, dwarven royal guards...).

Stalkerr

Quote from: Zetetic on Dec 01, 2014, 03:23 AM
I do hope that you don't intend to increase peoples ability to hide under the Good/Saint evil point gain, which is already bad because of the increased evil point cost of attacking a Saint.

If you are, then we really need to see the evil scale be increased so that we can go to -500 or something similar, being evil is already punished enough (sheriff, town guards, dwarven royal guards...).
This change is primarily intended to alleviate some of the problems characters can encounter with evil only gear and ep thresholds.  But, as a result of some minor changes some more sweeping changes would actually be possible.  But those come secondary to getting the values just right on the ep swing and to do that I'll have to look into the evil only times and figure out what evilonly range to balance this around.

Teferi

Quote from: Stalkerr on Dec 01, 2014, 04:10 AM
This change is primarily intended to alleviate some of the problems characters can encounter with evil only gear and ep thresholds.  But, as a result of some minor changes some more sweeping changes would actually be possible.  But those come secondary to getting the values just right on the ep swing and to do that I'll have to look into the evil only times and figure out what evilonly range to balance this around.

You need to learn to listen.  It's a joke that this thread was started by Crabby and then you systematically attacked and told him to fuck off.  Then, come back with some gobbledygoo shit and make this look like your idea.