Do you also hate the french?

Started by Torque, Mar 17, 2014, 01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torque

I have learned more about world history playing this game than I ever did in Mr. Hoarsley's 9th grade history class. Also I hate the French so much for being so weeney that I decided to go back in time and be their crushed-to-be rival, Burgundy.

This was after only 85 years of subjugation; i forced them to release Guyenne as a new independent country which I immediately allied with and fed random provinces. The Holy Roman Empire to the east, led by Austria, are badasses and I can only chip away at them. To the NW, England is a powerhouse on the seas, so much that I dont even try, I'm just expanding west pretty much. There are some of the richest provinces in the world at this point, so eh. I allied with Castile (precursor to Spain) just to keep my head above water since everyone hates me for aggressively expanding so fast. Up in the NE, you can see white stripes on Denmark's crap - that's Austria turn-coating on them after they lost a war with me (Denmark and Austria on the same side, I forced Denmark to surrender, which pissed off Austria). My favorite part is that I excommunicated Austria's king for going to war with Denmark, so now Austria is the bad boy, and I'm the super hero of the west