2 big pvp board bugs

Started by Prescience, Jul 25, 2010, 08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescience

1. Party is breaking in any room where 3 mobs or more are being spawned. Player will remain in the party but persons following the leader will not move into the next room.

2. No combat rounds are going off. Everyone on the board is in perma-stasis (cannot attack anyone or anything).

scratacorn

3. Luffy is perma-slept and can't even talk.

tab

Quote from: Prescience on Jul 25, 2010, 08:03 PM
1. Party is breaking in any room where 3 mobs or more are being spawned. Player will remain in the party but persons following the leader will not move into the next room.

2. No combat rounds are going off. Everyone on the board is in perma-stasis (cannot attack anyone or anything).

#1 happens when the leader of the party sneaks and goes into a room with mobs.  Make the leader stop sneaking and you should be fine to move as a group.  Or the leader can keep moving and the rest of the party will appear in the next room without any mobs.

Vitoc

Thanks for the info.  I deployed a build that should permanently fix #1.

#2 and #3 are related, and it's an odd bug I can't seem to repro.  It only seems to happen in PVP so I'm fairly sure it has something to do with some component of PVP.  It usually seems to either happen within 24 hours of a restart, or not at all (we've gone weeks without it happening at times).

Fermouth

Quote from: Vitoc on Jul 26, 2010, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the info.  I deployed a build that should permanently fix #1.

#2 and #3 are related, and it's an odd bug I can't seem to repro.  It only seems to happen in PVP so I'm fairly sure it has something to do with some component of PVP.  It usually seems to either happen within 24 hours of a restart, or not at all (we've gone weeks without it happening at times).

From what I have seen, it's involved only in combat rounds (i.e. combat round spells, combat itself, using items with spell uses including gh keyrings)

Instant spells seem unaffected as far as casting, such as sleep and stun, traps still go off, and instant poison spells as well.
Broadcast from Stinkyhaze "please dont take me to the bathroom, will"

Crabster

am i one of only two ppl on the planet that knows the actions involved that causes the no attack bug?
i have a feeling someone else knows hence why it happened again the other day...

Prescience

Crabster, feel free to share.

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Crabster on Jul 27, 2010, 08:10 AM
am i one of only two ppl on the planet that knows the actions involved that causes the no attack bug?
i have a feeling someone else knows hence why it happened again the other day...

It would sure be nice if you'd tell us what you found so it can be fixed

Fermouth

It's unsure how it's caused, but we were thinking maybe it's two people casting enslave on the same monster...
Broadcast from Stinkyhaze "please dont take me to the bathroom, will"

Martyr The King

Quote from: Fermouth on Jul 29, 2010, 09:29 PM
It's unsure how it's caused, but we were thinking maybe it's two people casting enslave on the same monster...

Nope that's not it, this has already been tested and tried.