New mud bugs

Started by Urg, Mar 01, 2008, 04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urg

In the new mud need to allow at least 1 swing per weapon... trying to use a maul, but swing 0/0/1 or something.

Urg

When someone in your party is resting, and you look at the party screen... the little 'R' next to their name, letting those in the party know that they are resting, doesn't show up.  Prolly the same with meditate then.

Urg

Sometimes when I try to attack last, again using the Maul where I swing 0/0/1 or whatever, when I do get a round off... it's the first out of the group when I clearly reattacked to be the last one attacking.

It's also weird that if I reattack in combat after round one where I swung the first 0, and then we kill the monster in round two, and then we move to attack a new monster in round three... it allows me to get that third round (technically first since we're attacking something new) off as if reattacking didn't change the fact I should swing 0/0/1...

Urg

Just watched some eq a sabre, which he now wears on his hands.

Urg

When someone in the room searches it doesn't display the message "Soandso is searching for exits."

Urg

Look... Megamud is set to recognize '[Majormud]:' or whatever it is as the final entry command, which makes it nice because if you turn off all=autos, it will stop at the entry screen... but despite spending hours and removing the '=a' which caused the problem at first, people are still entering and going east because of whatever reason.  This needs to be changed back to whatever the default majormud message is, or megamud needs to have a serious update installed.  The stuff is so ridiculously stupid to deal with... please, fix it or figure something out so when people enter they don't head east... even if they have erased that =a from their bbs login settings.

Urg

When you look into a dark room, even if you have a torch and GJR, the room will appear "The room is very dark - you can't see anything" - when in a normal mud, you could see into that room given the items you have on you.

Urg

You whip orc rogue for 8 damage!
It tastes extremely bitter.

When I'm attacking with a serpent scrounge... that is the msg that pops up.

Grox

You hear movement to the down.
You hear movement to the up.
Blah just entered the room from the down.
Blah just entered the room from the up.

======================================================================

Blah is dead.
Blah just entered the room from the nowhere.

moaning spirits are far too hard to hit.  they should be a little harder to hit than skeletal warriors, but they are about 50x harder.  This is not right. they need to be toned down.

Witchhunters can wear magical items? since when?

I have yet to see my witchunter resist any spell what-so-ever.

random monster regen in rooms that aren't regen rooms seems aweful small.  I sat for over an hour in a couple rooms, never saw a single monster regen in there.  (ancient crypt)  These same rooms would have spawned monsters in mmud usually around 1 every 10-20 minutes at least.

=======================================================================

drop rates are very high on item drops for monsters.  3 percent drops seem to be around 35%, 5 percent drops seem to be around 50%... maybe the math is off by a ten factor?

Gon't Ge a [Brox!!!

Vitoc

Quote from: Urg on Mar 02, 2008, 12:46 AM
Look... Megamud is set to recognize '[Majormud]:' or whatever it is as the final entry command, which makes it nice because if you turn off all=autos, it will stop at the entry screen... but despite spending hours and removing the '=a' which caused the problem at first, people are still entering and going east because of whatever reason.  This needs to be changed back to whatever the default majormud message is, or megamud needs to have a serious update installed.  The stuff is so ridiculously stupid to deal with... please, fix it or figure something out so when people enter they don't head east... even if they have erased that =a from their bbs login settings.
Well it's definitely not going to be changed to "[MAJORMUD]:"

Turning off the =a should stop you from going east when you enter the realm.  I've never ever experienced this problem and you were the first to say anything.  I'm pretty sure others have figured it out as well.  Maybe someone who has fixed it can share that information with us so we can put it in our FAQ?

The Crazy Animal

This is a timing issue with megamud. It happens because megamud doesn't think the command goes through and repeats the e command on average 3 times before entering the realm. The problem is created do to the commands actually having gone through and so the repeated commands force you to move to the east. When we negated capital letters as movement commands there was a way around this but people also complained about that so its just something were going to have to be patient with untill it is fixed.

BTW - I get the same timing bug on logging in and it gets my username and password in the wrong input promps...

On another note please keep these bug reports limited to one bug per post these lists quickly become a hassle to deal with as we fix bugs and want to move the fixed ones into the fixed bugs forum section. Secondly these are all engine related bugs and should be posted in there. The content bugs that get posted in this section has to do with dc's content which is running on port 2424 and has fully custom content.

Krusty

-the golden sickle doesn't have the ClassOK flags on it
-if you kill a room of mobs with a nuke spell, you get nothing - as if you were a spectator and someone else dropped the room
-mana regen is off vs. mme calculations (druid and mage anyway)  actual is 1-3 less
-mana regen bonus of weapons isn't in place - specifically obsidian runestaff that I know of, WH claims the same w/the darkwood

-my exp rate sucks - fix it.   ;D