Healbot idea

Started by Savik, Jun 15, 2012, 01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savik

I played on a board once where you could telepath '/healbot @home night hag' and check to see if a monster was home or not and the regen time until it would be. Any chance of upgrading healbot for this? Thanks

Gardner Denver

We do not currently have the ability to see that information, so not at this time.

twogirlz

This was one of the mmud mudop functions, you could sys stat a room with a  boss in it and it would say when it last died, and check it against the db, then return a value.

Stalkerr

Something similar to this could be emulated with clever responses.

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Stalkerr on Sep 11, 2012, 05:44 AM
Something similar to this could be emulated with clever responses.

Well the problem is we can't see when the boss was killed right now.  So there is no way to do it currently.

Vitoc

Quote from: Gardner Denver on Sep 11, 2012, 09:12 AM
Well the problem is we can't see when the boss was killed right now.  So there is no way to do it currently.
That would be an easy addition if you're interested.

twogirlz

It would be useful for troubleshooting missing bosses as well.

Hayden

Quote from: twogirlz on Sep 11, 2012, 07:34 PM
It would be useful for troubleshooting missing bosses as well.

I run into this problem A LOT!!! Every time I go to the COB its missing!? What's up with that? <grin>

Savik

Quote from: Vitoc on Sep 11, 2012, 12:31 PM
That would be an easy addition if you're interested.

That would be freaking awesome. Setting up some sort of bot to query the regen times for bosses would hep level the playing field immensely when it comes to lims

Gardner Denver

I still say a better idea would be to add some sort of randomized +/- % to the base regen time. 

If we allow everyone to see when a boss is going to regen this is going to do nothing to stop people from putting the boss on a timer.  It's going to make it even far more likely that bosses will be dead.  This simply saves you the trip out there. 

I would however like some method for the ops to see when the last time each boss was killed.  Perhaps through another API.

Savik

Quote from: Gardner Denver on Sep 12, 2012, 11:53 AM
I still say a better idea would be to add some sort of randomized +/- % to the base regen time. 

If we allow everyone to see when a boss is going to regen this is going to do nothing to stop people from putting the boss on a timer.  It's going to make it even far more likely that bosses will be dead.  This simply saves you the trip out there. 

I would however like some method for the ops to see when the last time each boss was killed.  Perhaps through another API.

I just think of what a pain in the a** it would be for stuff like Dao Lord, Phoenix, etc. Questing would get even more tedious

Vitoc

What if we only made it a negative percent chance?

For example, a 24H regen could regen anywhere from 22 to 24 hours?  You could always go for the sure thing and wait 24H, or if you wanted to risk it a little early, it might pay off.

This would be totally configurable btw.

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Savik on Sep 12, 2012, 12:56 PM
I just think of what a pain in the a** it would be for stuff like Dao Lord, Phoenix, etc. Questing would get even more tedious

Yes this issue has been raised as well, by myself and others, but I still think it's a better system than we have now.

Quote from: Vitoc on Sep 12, 2012, 01:00 PM

For example, a 24H regen could regen anywhere from 22 to 24 hours?  You could always go for the sure thing and wait 24H, or if you wanted to risk it a little early, it might pay off.

That would be acceptable as far as I'm concerned. 

Savik

Quote from: Vitoc on Sep 12, 2012, 01:00 PM

I like that as well. Regen +/- a defined time.

Crabster

Quote from: Savik on Sep 12, 2012, 06:53 PM
I like that as well. Regen +/- a defined time.

agree